October 23, 2014, 03:40:58 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New to us 2002 17 ft Dutchman hybrid  (Read 2576 times)
Keri
Handle Cranker

« on: February 09, 2011, 02:29:35 AM »

We like the new camper to us as we can see so far.  Really cold in Ohio so ..... waiting for warmer weather to inspect. I did see a small ripple in the corner of the roof ( inside)  Looks like some molding fell off the ceiling or something.  Would this be an inside or job or a roof job Huh?  I have a freind that owns an RV store. Just hoping we could fix this one at home.  Suggestions PLEASE !  It was sad to see our pop up camper leave us on Tuesday but glad a young family will get to enjoy for many years to come.  We were just tired of loading all the stuff for a pop up and wanted more self contained.  Just glad we don't have to have all the extras in the back of the truck now ! 
Oz and Us
PUX is my life

Burlington, Ontario, Canada

« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2011, 04:24:32 AM »

..... waiting for warmer weather to inspect. I did see a small ripple in the corner of the roof ( inside)  Looks like some molding fell off the ceiling or something.  Would this be an inside or job or a roof job Huh?

Without detailed pics it would difficult to say.  Molding falling off is one thing but rippling of the ceiling and/or wall material usually indicates water has leaked inside the roof and/or walls which obviously is not a good thing at all.  Any leak has to be addressed at it's source which will be outside the trailer, usually via a seam that has failed.

Oz Mods Gallery

'14 Freedom Express 192RBS / '05 Avalanche 4x2
'03 Fleetwood Yuma / '05 Avalanche 4x2
'08 KZ Spree 240BH-LX / '05 Avalanche 4x2
'07 RVision TrailCruiser C21RBH / '06 Silverado 4x4
2000 Fleetwood Santa Fe / '98 Explorer 4x4
'98 Jayco Eagle 10UD / '94 Caravan
'69 Coleman CT380 / '65 Impala

"If the women don't find you handsome they should at least find you handy!"
Keri
Handle Cranker

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2011, 12:48:30 AM »

Sorry I was just a little excited about the new to us hybrid but .....  kinda freaked out about the tiny ripple I saw in the very front right corner of the roof.  Much snow and rain since then so maybe the other owners had the problem fixed.    Getting it all checked out in a couple of weeks.  Saw no other damage with the extra snow and ice.  The ripple spot is about 3 x 3 inches and has not spread since we have had the camper home for over 2 weeks now.  Just froze to the driveway now and hope we can tow to RV shop and storage soon !  The rest of the camper is solid as a rock!
phipps
Chocks-a-lot

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2011, 11:17:44 AM »

We purchased a 2003 Dutchmen last Aug and love it!! Only got to go out a couple times before it got cold, though.

Gary N8WSQ

Charlotte DW
Gary Lee DS
Kortney DD

1997 GMC Sierra or 2000 Dakota
2003 Dutchmen Sport 19T

www.geocaching.com
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: