October 30, 2014, 08:38:54 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 2004 R-Vision Trail-Cruiser C23-S just puchased any info b great  (Read 5571 times)
mike1221
Wheel Chocker

« on: November 28, 2010, 12:37:56 PM »

Are  family just purchased are first hybrid ,Im trying to get feed back good or bad on are 2004 R-Vision Trail Cruiser C23s tt.Looking for first hand reviews,Thanks!
Oz and Us
PUX is my life

Burlington, Ontario, Canada

« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2010, 01:29:02 PM »

It seems a little late to be asking for reviews on a trailer that you've already purchased but if it helps I posted a few comments about RVision in this thread.

As a former TrailCruiser owner myself I can tell you that a 2004 TC hybrid will have a fairly basic seal design and the older screw type of bed platform closure so if you find the trailer leaking when you're towing in the rain these are likely the reasons.  If nothing else I'd suggest you swap out the closures for the newer cargo latch style of closures that will ensure a much better seal, along with being lockable.  Presumably you checked the manufacturing date codes on the tires as those originally installed on this trailer should have been replaced by now.  If the bearings haven't recently been replaced and / or repacked then you'd want to do that also, along with having the brakes serviced and adjusted.  With any used trailer you'd also want to inspect the caulking to ensure it's intact and not allowing water to get in where it shouldn't.

Oz Mods Gallery

'14 Freedom Express 192RBS / '05 Avalanche 4x2
'03 Fleetwood Yuma / '05 Avalanche 4x2
'08 KZ Spree 240BH-LX / '05 Avalanche 4x2
'07 RVision TrailCruiser C21RBH / '06 Silverado 4x4
2000 Fleetwood Santa Fe / '98 Explorer 4x4
'98 Jayco Eagle 10UD / '94 Caravan
'69 Coleman CT380 / '65 Impala

"If the women don't find you handsome they should at least find you handy!"
mtkeg
Handle Cranker

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2010, 03:22:50 PM »

Good advise on the leaks while towing.  Not the model I had, but mine leaked and I was meticulous in cleaning/drying it after every use.  Despite the extra work- its a great model and you will love it.  Keep on upkeep- wash/wax and conditioning the roof and rubber/vinyl.  The extra work will pay off in pride and long term use.  Oh yeah, keep up with the updates in mouse entry- older models may need extra watch.   Congrats and enjoy! 
mtkeg
Handle Cranker

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2010, 03:25:59 PM »

I didn't check to see if you already belonged- but this group is a must for R-Vision owners!  Great group solely for R-Vision owners........

http://www.r-visioncamping.org/index.php

I still belong even though I have a StarCraft.

mike
bikendan
Back-er-in-er

Marin Redwoods "Redwoods Roo"

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2010, 05:29:13 PM »

as others said, it's a little late to be asking about the trailer, since you already bought it.

but, we didn't like the R-Vision hybrids when we were shopping back in 2006. but we were told, by the RV tech at the R-Vision dealer, that the older ones were better built. more sturdy but heavier construction.
the newer ones were lighter but, to us, seemed flimsy and cheaply constructed.

so, the 2004 model may be better built than the newer ones.

Dan-Firefighter
Shawn-Musician/Entrepreneur
Zoe-The Golden Fetching Machine(RIP)
Hybrid Orange 2007 Roo 23SS
Chevrolet 2007 Avalanche
California Napa, Cal.
Washington Camano Island, Wa.
GoneCamping
Sr. Moderator
PUXaholic

Chesapeake, Va.

« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2010, 07:42:36 PM »

I'm also a former Trail Cruiser owner, had your trailers brother (2004 C23B - no slide but same floor plan). Watch out for the floors, they are made of 2 sheets of aluminum with a foam core, they are weak and will develop soft spots, particularly in high traffic locations. My trailer served me well, it was even a full time home for nearly 3 years. Good luck with your TC...

*Cliff*

"The American Indian found out what happens when you don't control immigration"

The Other Campground

2000 Ford F-150 XLT 4X4 Ford
2005 Coachmen Spirit of America 300 TBS  TravTrl Long Blue

Chesapeake, Va.  USA
mike1221
Wheel Chocker

« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2010, 03:43:56 PM »

I just want to say a GREAT THANKS to all that replied to my post, I recieved a lot of good info! Once a againThanks and have a quick winter! Mike Ct.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: