October 21, 2014, 08:42:01 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Just bought a 2010 Rockwood Roo 19!  (Read 4412 times)
aqualight
Wheel Chocker

« on: March 29, 2010, 09:51:55 AM »

Love it, Love it, Love it!!  Traded in a '99 Coleman Santee pop-up. 

What are the odds that I go to trade my pup in and there is someone else at the dealer trading in the same make and model pup.  Coleman only made the Santee for 1 year.  I have never seen any others at the campgrounds and found no info on the model online.  It was a great trailer that had a platform on the front instead of the covered tow box.

Love the hybrids and wish I would have made the switch sooner.  I had enough of walking to the bathrooms late at night or waking up freezing to death or my least favorite - cranking it up.

Thanks for all of the great information shared on this forum!  All of my questions had been answered and I was well prepared on my first trip this past weekend.  Thanks to your buying tips, I was able to get my local dealer to match RVW's prices.  I purchased mine at Fun Time RV in Cleburne, TX

Gman
Parking Heckler

Burlington, ON. Canada

« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2010, 10:48:47 AM »

Welcome and congrats on your new HTT. Yes having you own full washroom on board is great as are many of the other features that come with your new HTT.

Keep one thing in mind, a HTT will suffur from some of the same heat loss problems a PUP does via the bunk ends.

Invest in some Refectix for your bunk windows and some Popup Gizmos for the top of the bunk ends and you'll have a much easier time heating and keeping warm.

That said, you say you bought in Texas so I assume you are from there as well. As a Canadian I can't help myself in asking this question but, how cold does it really get there? I've camped down to -20 C (-4 F), how bad can it be in TX Big Smile?  Congrats again.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2010, 10:52:09 AM by Gman » Logged

2011 KZ Spree 220KS TravTrl Blue SUV White 2006 Ford Expedition Ltd. 5.4L/3.73
Hitch by Equal-i-zer, Vision by McKesh, Smoke by Weber
MFCC Un-member / FYBO Survivor
aqualight
Wheel Chocker

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2010, 11:50:47 AM »

Well its definitely not 'Canada' cold  Big Smile.  Usually in the 30s when I camp in the winter.  For Texas that is pretty cold.  The new HTT has heated mattresses and heated tanks so that should help.  It has to be better than than the flimsy canvas walls and thin floor.

bikendan
Back-er-in-er

Marin Redwoods "Redwoods Roo"

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2010, 12:07:45 PM »

Congrats on joining the "Roo Krew"!!! Big Smile Big Smile

the PUGs/Reflectix also help when it hot and you need to keep the bunk ends cool.

we spent 17 years with our 2 popups and they were great. but we enjoy camping so much more now with our Roo. unfortunately, the Calif. state parks have less than 1% of campsites with electricity. so we rarely get to use the heated mattresses. but they are great and well worth the option, if you have electric hookups.

along with PUGs/Reflectix, look into a electric tongue jack.

Dan-Firefighter
Shawn-Musician/Entrepreneur
Zoe-The Golden Fetching Machine(RIP)
Hybrid Orange 2007 Roo 23SS
Chevrolet 2007 Avalanche
California Napa, Cal.
Washington Camano Island, Wa.
aqualight
Wheel Chocker

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2010, 12:20:19 PM »

Check and Check.  Got the electric jack as well as the Gizmos.  Really needed the Gizmos with the PUP in the Texas summer.  They work great. 

Thanks for the tips!

campfever
Handle Cranker

« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2010, 04:42:40 PM »

Congratulations, we purchased our new roo this year also, from www.allseasonsrv.com and we just love, hope you have fun!
Indy Dave
Handle Cranker

« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2010, 06:06:38 PM »

Congratulations!
We have the same trailer as you(Shamrock19 and Roo19 the same) and we love it.
Happy Camping!

Thanks
David(63) DW(68) DS(95)  DD(99)
 SUV Blue 2004 Dodge Durango Limited 5.7 V8 Hemi
 Hybrid 2009 Forest River Shamrock 19
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: